Double L Feed has added more products from the Show-Rite brand of feeds, and we are excited to offer them to you to help you reach your feeding goals. As I highlight a couple of the products below, keep in mind that they are extremely versatile and can be used in all species. Please stop by and visit with us about how these products can help you in your show barn.
Show-Rite Star Shine is a highly palatable, 26% protein supplement pellet, designed for animals of all life stages to improve performance and body condition. Formulated with high-quality proteins and key nutrients to stimulate appetite, enhance digestion, and support weight gain while defining the shape.
•Provides nutritional support for optimal performance and condition
• Adds shape without burning fat
• Adds fiber for softer rear rib and flank
• Eliminates the plain stage
• Stimulates appetite, improves digestion, and increases weight gains
• Highly Palatable
• No added copper, safe for copper-sensitive species
Star Shine can be used every day as a top dress for optimal performance and condition, allowing for a more show ring ready appearance.
Show-Rite Swell is a must-have, show day preparation supplement that you won’t want to forget. A highly digestible supplement, Swell has been proven to give animals the show-day fill, bulk, and expansion necessary to set them apart from the rest. This unique product works similarly to an electrolyte and allows the animal to retain more water, which in turns increases their top shape and helps with fill in the loin. This product will not create muscle tightness as some electrolytes tend to do.
If you need advice for your application, please give our on-site experts a call or come by the Kerrville or Ingram stores!
Pigs: Mix 4 oz. of Swell to 16 oz. (1 lb.) of water for each feeding. For best results, administer three feedings in preparation for the show: the first feeding the night before the show, the second feeding the morning of the show and the third feeding one hour before the show for best results. Shake well before each use.
Sheep and goats: Mix 4 oz. of Swell to 1 gallon (8.34 lbs.) of water. Administer 1.5 lbs. of mixture every 4-6 hours. For best results, continue feeding application for 48-72 hours before the show. Shake well before each use.
Beef cattle: Mix 8 oz. of Swell to 1 gallon (8.34 lbs.) of water. Administer 2 lbs. of mixture every 6-8 hours.
For best results, continue feeding application for 48-72 hours before the show. Shake well before each use.
- From Essential Feeds: Processed Grains
- Holiday Shopping at Back 40
- Choice of Champions Livestock Products
- Trailer Lights and Safety in the Dark
- Winter Supplements
- Kicking Off Summer with Some Maintenance
- Safe-Guard De-worming Block For Cattle
- Ultramatic Feeder Parts
- DEMON WP - An Early Spring 'Adios' for Bugs
- Finding the Right Trailer for You
- The Ants Come Marching One by One..
- Fire Ants Mounding Up In Your Yard?
- Special Order Truck Accessories!!
- Stop the Weed Seed Sprouts
- Texas Elite Gilt Show