With November upon us and, with opening day right around the corner, we need to get our food plots planted for the season. We have a few different options depending on your needs. The first and easiest is rye grass; it offers a nice plot of grass for deer to eat and can grow just about anywhere with a little water. One fifty pound bag will cover about an acre.
The next option, Bob oats, are a great source of fall and winter forage for cattle, horses, goats, sheep and food plots for deer. You will need to rake them in a little bit to ensure that they stay in place and to ensure that birds and other small animals don’t eat or disturb them. One fifty pound bag will cover about an acre.
Another choice is Super Buck Plot Mix; it contains a mix of different forbs and legumes that deer love such as trophy rape, Dixie crimson clover, winter peas, oats, and wheat. This gives a broader option for forage for the deer. One fifty pound bag will cover about an acre.
We wish all of our hunters the best of luck this season. Please stop by and let us know if we can help make your season the best one yet.
- 2022 Drought Preparedness
- Drought Supplementation
- New Show Pig?
- PROTECTING YOUR FAMILY AND VEHICLES…
- Feeding in Short Grass
- Mind Your Parasites...
- Safe Chemical Practices
- Single Axle – Spring Time Trailer Sale
- From Essential Feeds: Processed Grains
- Holiday Shopping at Back 40
- Choice of Champions Livestock Products
- Trailer Lights and Safety in the Dark
- Winter Supplements
- Kicking Off Summer with Some Maintenance
- Safe-Guard De-worming Block For Cattle
- Ultramatic Feeder Parts
- DEMON WP - An Early Spring 'Adios' for Bugs
- Finding the Right Trailer for You
- The Ants Come Marching One by One..
- Fire Ants Mounding Up In Your Yard?
- Special Order Truck Accessories!!
- Stop the Weed Seed Sprouts
- Texas Elite Gilt Show