As we continue to fight our way through this drought, we have to take extra steps to ensure that our livestock and wildlife stay as healthy as they can in these dry times. With little to no good vegetation left in the pastures, most people have had to rely on supplemental feeding such as using protein pellets and hay. While this is a good practice, what is most often forgotten is the animals’ needs for salt and minerals.
Most animals get the minerals they need naturally while they are grazing on grass close to the ground, but in droughts they miss out on those minerals due to the lack of grazing. So, we need to be sure we are adding a mineral supplement in our feeding programs. Supplementing with mineral is a simple process as it comes both as a solid block or as loose mineral in a bag. Swing by the store, and we will be happy to help you pick out the mineral will work best for you and your animals.
As always, thank you for your business and support
Tanner Armke, Store Manager, Double L Feed Ingram TX
- Feeding in Short Grass
- Mind Your Parasites...
- Safe Chemical Practices
- Single Axle – Spring Time Trailer Sale
- From Essential Feeds: Processed Grains
- Holiday Shopping at Back 40
- Choice of Champions Livestock Products
- Trailer Lights and Safety in the Dark
- Winter Supplements
- Kicking Off Summer with Some Maintenance
- Safe-Guard De-worming Block For Cattle
- Ultramatic Feeder Parts
- DEMON WP - An Early Spring 'Adios' for Bugs
- Finding the Right Trailer for You
- The Ants Come Marching One by One..
- Fire Ants Mounding Up In Your Yard?
- Special Order Truck Accessories!!
- Stop the Weed Seed Sprouts
- Texas Elite Gilt Show